Search on
News Title
News Details
Reports/Directory
Glossary
Title_head
Yangzijiang Shipbuilding and Qatar Investment to launch 2 JVs
434 times viewed.
Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011
EmailButton
Pdf_button

China Knowledge reported that Singapore-listed Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings Ltd a shipbuilder based in China will set up two joint ventures with Qatar Investment Corp to produce and repair marine vessels and platforms for offshore oil and natural gas.

The two sides will launch JVs, namely YZJ Offshore Engineering Pte Ltd, in Singapore and YZJ Offshore Engineering (China) Co Ltd in China. The former JV will also provide customers with marketing, sales, engineering and management services.

According to a joint statement released by Yangzijiang Shipbuilding and Qatar Investment, YZJ Offshore Engineering will have a registered capital of USD 110 million in the initial phase.

The Singapore based JV will also invest USD 100 million in YZJ Offshore Engineering to hold a 40% stake while a wholly owned subsidiary of Yangzijiang Shipbuilding will have the remaining 60% stake in the China-based JV with an investment of USD 150 million.

Mr Ren Yuanlin Chairman of Yangzijiang Shipbuilding said the company delivered 19 vessels in the third quarter of this year more than 14 vessels it delivered in the same quarter of last year, adding that the firm had secured 114 ship orders worth USD 5.3 billion in total as of September 30 2011.

(Sourced from China Knowledge)

This is alternative content.

/
Arcelor
More Chinese News