TATA Steel ramped up its production, reaching an annualized run rate of 7.7 million tonnes of Crude Steel. Deliveries in Q2 FY'13 at 1.73 million tonnes increased 4.98 % YoY
The key production and sales figures are given below:
|||Q2 FY'12||Q1 FY'13||Q2 FY'13||H1 FY'12||H1 FY'13|
Figures in '000 tonnes
1. Best ever Hot Metal production of 2.07 million tonnes in a quarter (Prev. best 2.05 million tonnes in Q1 FY'13).
2. Best ever Crude Steel production of 1.93 million tonnes in a quarter (Prev. best 1.82 million tonnes in Q4 FY'12).
3. Best ever Saleable Steel production of 1.87 million tonnes in a quarter (Prev. best 1.78 million tonnes in Q4 FY'12.
4. Merchant Mill achieved its best ever quarterly production at 0.103 million tonnes (Previous best 0.097 million tonnes in Q2 FY'12).
Best ever Flat Product sales at 1.008 million tonnes in a quarter (Prev. best 0.999 million tonnes in Q4 FY'12).
5. Recently commissioned plants (Pellet Plant, I Blast Furnace, LD#3 & TSCR) have achieved their planned targets in Q2 FY'13.
1. TATA Steel has been conferred with the PM's Trophy for being the best integrated steel plant in the country for the year 2008-09 and the Certificate of Excellence for 2009-10.
2. TATA Steel has become the First Integrated Steel Company in the world to win the Deming Grand Prize which is the highest honor in Quality, awarded to a company for excellence in Total Quality Management.
Source - TATA Steel