The CIS steel export market witnessed a quite weak with prices fluctuating, but generally maintaining their previous levels.
Shipments from the Russian ports on the Black Sea were impacted by heavy water flood in the region.
But, billet price showed signs of weakening again after certain revitalization of the market earlier.
Generally the market is around USD 545 per tonne to USD 550 per tonne FOB Black Sea with earlier offers at USD 560 per tonne are heard to be already lowered by producers.
FOB Black Sea
|Billets||3-5 sp/ps||125-150 mm||0|
|Wire rod||mesh||5.5-6.5 mm||-10|
|HRC||ST1-ST3 kp/sp/ps||2-8 mm||0|
|HRC||ST1-ST3 kp/sp/ps (Russian)||2-8 mm||-10|
|CRC||08 kp (Ukrainian origin)||0.5-1.5 mm||0|
|CRC||Russian origin||0.5-1.5 mm||0|
Change is on July 13th as compared to 6th July 2012
If volatility in steel prices is affecting your business, keep tab on market realities and trends by subscribing to www.steelprices-india.com, which is a comprehensive portal that provides domestic pricing information for benchmark steel products in each category at select location in India on a regular basis 5 days a week and international price levels on a weekly basis.
1. Input materials - Iron ore, scrap, sponge iron, pig iron pencil ingot, billets and blooms
2. Long products - Rebar, wire rod, angle, channel and joists
3. Flat products - Narrow plates, wide plates, HR, CR and galvanized
4. Others - Pipes
How to subscribe
1. Register at www.steelprices-india.com and pay on line or ask for invoice
2. Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Call at 0091-124-3007891/2/3
Source - Steel Price India