As per the latest information from Black Sea, the CIS steel export market dynamics was in positive mood this week amid higher demand.
Billet price increased by USD 5 per tonne to USD 10 per tonne with rather strong demand coming from Turkey and MENA.
The local producers are positive for the price dynamics for the next weeks.
Finished longs are fluctuating around USD 600 per tonne FOB.
Finished flats are rather stable, but it is heard that producers are trying to push the prices up expecting more demand in the next week.
FOB Black Sea
|Billets||3-5 sp/ps||125-150 mm||10|
|Wire rod||mesh||5.5-6.5 mm||0|
|HRC||ST1-ST3 kp/sp/ps||2-8 mm||0|
|HRC||ST1-ST3 kp/sp/ps (Russian)||2-8 mm||0|
|CRC||08 kp (Ukrainian origin)||0.5-1.5 mm||0|
|CRC||Russian origin||0.5-1.5 mm||0|
Change is on 17th August as compared to 10th August 2012
If volatility in steel prices is affecting your business, keep tab on market realities and trends by subscribing to www.steelprices-india.com, which is a comprehensive portal that provides domestic pricing information for benchmark steel products in each category at select location in India on a regular basis 5 days a week and international price levels on a weekly basis.
1. Input materials - Iron ore, scrap, sponge iron, pig iron pencil ingot, billets and blooms
2. Long products - Rebar, wire rod, angle, channel and joists
3. Flat products - Narrow plates, wide plates, HR, CR and galvanized
4. Others - Pipes
How to subscribe
1. Register at www.steelprices-india.com and pay on line or ask for invoice
2. Send mail to email@example.com.
3. Call at 0091-124-3007891/2/3
Source - Steel Price India