The Portland Museum of Art in New England has announced that American designer Lever Architecture has won a competition for USD 100 million campus expansion and unification project. The PMA Blueprint, as the project is called, includes a new wing of the museum with 60,000 square feet of space and improvements to four existing buildings. A number of these will be connected, including the postmodern Charles Shipman Payson Building, completed in 1983, the beaux-arts Lorenzo De Medici Sweat Memorial Galleries, from 1911, the Federalist-style McLellan House, built in 1801, and the Greek revival Clapp House from 1832.The linking structure will be made primarily from mass timber, referencing Maine’s heritage as a lumber state. There new wing will also made from mass timber, as well as terracotta and glass. It will have a curved roofline designed to frame the sun as it rises and sets, honouring Maine’s Wabanaki communities and the land they call Wabanakik, or Dawnland.