Webuild Bid for Orsara-Bovino Section of Naples-Bari HS Railway
Naples-Bari RailwayBuild in Digital

Webuild Bid for Orsara-Bovino Section of Naples-Bari HS Railway

Webuild Group has been identified as the best bidder for EUR 367 million design-and-build contract for the Orsara-Bovino section of the Naples-Bari

Webuild Group has been identified as the best bidder for EUR 367 million design-and-build contract for the Orsara-Bovino section of the Naples-Bari high-speed railway under development. Webuild would lead on the project with a 70% stake in the consortium, the remaining 30% being held by Pizzarotti. It is commissioned by Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (Gruppo FS Italiane). The Orsara-Bovino section is part of an upgrade of the Naples-Benevento-Foggia-Bari railway, which foresees a doubling of the line’s capacity in order to make rail transport more competitive than road transport. The upgrade will improve the rail network in the southeast with a high-speed/high-capacity service that will increase service across the south.

The Orsara-Bovino section is to be 11.8 kilometres long and support trains travelling at speeds ranging between 200 and 250 kilometres per hour. The project will double the capacity of the existing single-rail train service along this section, passing for the most part through a tunnel of 9.871 kilometres in length. It will also comprise a temporary connection of a double-rail line with the historic one for 1.08 kilometres, supporting trains travelling at speeds of up to 90 kilometres per hour.

The Naples-Bari railway will serve as a strategic axis for the development of sustainable mobility in the region. It will reduce by about half the travel time between Naples and Bari to just two hours. It will also bring northern and southern Italy closer together, bringing the time to travel between Milan and Bari down to six hours. The Naples-Cancello section will have a new station in the town of Napoli-Afragola. Built by Astaldi of the Webuild Group, it will serve as an interchange with regional and high-speed trains. About 15.5 kilometres long, the section will pass through the towns of Casoria, Casalnuovo, Afragola, Caivano and Acerra. The second section of the Naples-Bari line will run for 18 kilometres between Apice and Hirpinia, crossing the Apennine. This section will include a station at Hirpinia and three natural tunnels and four viaducts.

No stories found.
SteelGuru Business News
www.steelguru.com