Ecopetrol and Petrobras have confirmed the discovery of an accumulation of natural gas with the Uchuva-1 exploratory well, drilled in deep waters in Colombia, 32 km from the coast and 76 km from the city of Santa Marta, with a water column of approximately 830 meters. The Uchuva well was drilled in the Tayrona block, in which Petrobras is the operator with a 44.4% stake and Ecopetrol has the remaining 55.6%. This result is the result of the contractor's actions to enhance the use of data by applying new technological solutions in geology and geophysics, in addition to experience in deepwater operations. The opening of this new frontier is in line with Ecopetrol's strategic pillar to maximize the value of its portfolio, with a focus on exploration of deep and ultra-deep water assets. The result achieved increases the prospects for the development of a new exploration and production frontier in the north of the Colombian Caribbean. The contractor will continue the activities of the Tayrona Block in order to validate the dimensions of the new gas accumulation.