ExxonMobil & QatarEnergy have announced they have signed an agreement to further develop Qatar’s North Field East project, which will expand Qatar’s annual LNG capacity from 77 million tonnes to 110 million tonnes by 2026. The deal was announced at QatarEnergy’s headquarters in Doha.ExxonMobil and QatarEnergy to expand LNG production with North Field East agreementWith North Field East, ExxonMobil’s participation in Qatar LNG volumes is expected to increase total capacity from 52 to 60 million tonnes per year. Under the terms of the agreement, QatarEnergy and ExxonMobil will become partners in a new joint venture company, in which QatarEnergy will hold a 75% interest with ExxonMobil holding the remaining 25% interest. The JV will own 25% of the entire North Field East project, including four LNG trains with a combined nameplate capacity of 32 million tons per year. The expansion of North Field East and increased LNG export capacity is one of Qatar’s key energy objectives. QatarEnergy is the operator and commenced the North Field East project in 2019. First LNG from North Field East is expected in 2026.