former Central Steel building at 4343 S. 6th Street in Milwaukee in early 2019. The project began with a 100,000 square foot addition as well as a complete renovation of the existing warehouse and office space. The completed 205,000 square foot facility allows Alro to expand their bar and sheet product offerings, processing capabilities, and to focus on cut-to-size metals with next day delivery to Wisconsin customers.
Alro Steel was founded in 1948 by brothers Al and Robert Glick. The company is a distributor of metals, industrial supplies, and engineering plastics. Alro is focused on offering cut-to-size metals and plastics with next day delivery to 25,000 customers in North America. Alro operates over 70 locations in 12 states and provides a broad inventory of products under the following companies: Alro Steel, Alro Metals, Alro Metals Outlet, Alro Industrial Supply, and Alro Plastics.