India Drops AD Duty Recommendations for Flat Stainless Steel
Indian government has decided not to impose anti-dumping duty on imports of flat rolled products of stainless steel from from China PR, Korea RP, European Union, Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia, USA, Thailand, South Africa, UAE, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mexico, Vietnam and Malaysia. The commerce ministry’s investigation arm Directorate General of Trade Remedies in December 2020 had recommended imposition of the duty for five years on the product after concluding in a probe that domestic industry is impacted due to dumping of the goods from these countries. The Directorate General of Trade Remedies had suggested the duty in the range of USD 67 per tonne to USD 944 per tonne.
South Korea – USD 67-370 per tonne
Japan – USD 116-374 per tonne
EU – USD 592-944 per tonne, Nil for Outokumpu
Malaysia – USD 234-474 per tonne
China – USD 454 per tonne
Taiwan – USD 336 per tonne
Indonesia – USD 167-441 per tonne
DGTR had opened probe on apllicaion from Indian Stainless Steel Development Association, Jindal Stainless Limited, Jindal Stainless (Hisar) Limited and Jindal Stainless Steelway Limited
The product under consideration was Flat Rolled Products or Stainless Steel excluding the following
1. Hot rolled stainless steel of 304 grade and width upto 1650mm (with permissible tolerances) from China PR, Malaysia and Korea RP, wherein antidumping duty was recommended vide notification no 14/30/2013-DGAD, dated 9th March, 2015 and imposed vide customs notification no. 28/2015-Customs (ADD) dated 5th June, 2015
2. Cold rolled stainless steel flats of 600 mm and above from China PR, Korea RP, EU, USA, Taiwan, Thailand, South Africa, except cold rolled stainless steel of more than 1250 mm having bonafide use wherein anti-dumping duty was recommended and imposed vide customs notification no. 14/2010-Customs, dated 20th February, 2010
3. Blade Steel, also commercially known as razor blade grade steel used in production of razor.
4. Coin blank falling under 73269099 HS Code used in production of monetary coins.
5. Flat Rolled Products of Stainless Steel of width more than 1650 MM having bonafide use as more than 1650 MM.
6. Flat Rolled Products of Stainless Steel of thickness greater than 80 MM.
7. Flat Rolled Products of Stainless Steel of grades'types JFE20-5USR, JFE18-3USR NASJ35X (N08020), & NAS.800 (N08810 N08811), N10276, N06022, N06625, N08825, N06601 and N06600
8. Product supplied under Indian Patent No. 223848 in respect of goods comprising Low Nickel containing Chromium-Nickel Manganese-Copper Austenitic Stainless steel and representing Grades YU 1 and YU 4, produced and supplied by Yieh United Steel Corp (Yusco) of Chinese Taipei (Taiwan).
9. Grade S-Star, S-Star A and G Star, (b) DSN-9 and (c) K.-SF24 grade exported from Daido Steel Co. Ltd.
10. Nickel-based alloys grades such as N10276. N06022, N06625, N08825, N06601 and N06600.