According to the preliminary data of the Joint Plant Committee, Indian crude steel output amounted to 10.6 million tonnes in May 2022, up by 4.5% YoY but down 4% MoM. In April-May 2022, India produced 20.936 million tonnes of crude steel, up by 12.5% YoY, while total finished steel production was 19.454 million tonnes up by 9.6% & consumption was 18.472 million tonnes up by 9.8%.In total finished steel production, contribution of the non-alloy steel segment stood at 18.253 million tonnes while the rest was the contribution of the alloy & stainless steel segment. Non flat products accounted for 53% share, the rest 47% was the share of flats.India exported 0.749 million tonnes of finished steel in May, lower by 1% MoM & 40% YoY. Hot-rolled coil exports dropped by almost 50% to 0.3 million tonnes YoY. Among them, the exports to Belgium decreased by over 42% YoY & Italy, had a drop of 9% YoYThe figures are likely to weaken in June amid the imposition of export duty and low demand in the home market.