Italian Government’s Ministry of Economy’s national agency for investment promotion and enterprise development Invitalia announced that an investment of over EUR 28 million is being implemented in the steel industry in Italy, thanks to the development contract approved in recent days by Invitalia and presented by the Pittini Group’s Acciaierie Di Verona SPA. The approval comes after a development agreement signed between the Ministry of Economic Development, the Veneto Region and Invitalia, for the allocation of resources. Invitalia is supporting EUR 28.7 million projects with a grant of EUR 10.5 million made available by the MISE and EUR 100,000 by the Veneto Region. The investment plan, which has already started, will be completed in the first half of 2024. The development program is divided into 3 investment projects for the Verona plant, aimed at raising the level of environmental protection beyond the applicable EU standards and at achieving greater energy efficiency.The first project concerns the coverage of the scrap yard and will prevent potential dusty emissions and the leaching of the material, avoiding possible percolations of pollutants into the soil in the event of significant atmospheric events.The second aims at strengthening the flue gas system, improving the filtration capacity of emissions into the atmosphere and increasing the overall average efficiency of aspiration and collection of dust, with a consequent reduction in energy consumption and acoustic emissions.The third involves the direct transfer system of hot billets produced by continuous casting directly into the heating furnace of the rolling mill, with a substantial total saving of primary energyAcciaierie di Verona, which has been part of the Pittini Group, since 2015, has a long steel-making tradition. The company was founded by Mr Antonio Galtarossa in 1902 as a small business producing public and private acetylene lighting systems. Following a number of changes, in 1910 the company began specializing in the manufacture of farm equipment. This new line of work required greater space to develop and as a result the firm moved from the centre of town to its present Lungadige Galtarossa site, where it opened its foundry in 1912. Since then, the factory’s history has been intimately linked to the development of the Italian steel industry as a whole.The Pittini Group, headquartered in Osoppo, in the province of Udine, is a leader in the production of long steels for the construction and mechanical industry. With a production output of around 3 million tonnes per year, 18 production and logistic service facilities and 1,800 collaborators, Pittini is a sound industrial business oriented towards constant growth, guided by high-technological investments, product innovation and a careful environmental sustainability policy.