On the occasion of the United Nations Conference on Climate Change COP27, Romania’s Nuclearelecrica’s SMR project company & AFV Beltrame group’s Donalam have sign a Memorandum of Understanding for the implementation of small modular reactors in Romania and join the UN Coalition for energy without carbon 24/7 The objective of the Memorandum of Understanding is to explore cooperation and investment opportunities in support of the development of the first SMR project in Romania, which could have a great impact on the realization of green steel production in Romania. On the same occasion, the two companies joined the United Nations 24/7 Carbon Free Energy Compact , committing to the UN's 24/7 principles in support of the UN's goal of accelerating the electricity system, mitigating climate change and to ensure access to clean energy at affordable prices. By joining the UN 24/7 Carbon-free Energy Compact, Nuclearelectrica and AFV Beltrame become members of a global community of organizations collaborating to develop solutions that allow access to carbon-free energy 24/7. Compania Națională "Nuclearelectrica" is the Romanian national company producing electricity, thermal energy and nuclear fuel, which operates under the authority of the Ministry of Energy, with the state owning 82.49% of the shares, and the other shareholders, 17.50%, after the company's listing on the Stock Exchange by Valori Bucharest in 2013. Founded in 1896, AFV Beltrame Group is today one of the largest producers of steel bars and special steels in Europe. The group has 7 factories in Italy, France, Switzerland and Romania, with a total of more than 2,500 employees, more than 2 million tons of steel sold annually and commercial activities in more than 40 countries. – The Romanian branch of the AFV Beltrame group, Donalam SRL, has two production units: the one in Călărași, with over 15 years of activity in the production of hot-rolled steel bars, and, starting from February 2022, the factory in Târgoviște - where, in June 2022, concrete steel production was restarted.