Tata Power Renewable Energy has collaborated with Indian Stainless Steel manufacturer Viraj Profile to set up a 100 MW captive solar plant at Nandgaon in Nasik site to power Viraj Profile’s Tarapur Plant. Viraj will become one of the first stainless steel long products manufacturing companies in India to use solar energy to run its manufacturing plant. With the commissioning of this plant, Viraj Profile’s dependability on non-renewable power resources will be reduced by approximately 50%. The project will get commissioned by July 2023.The plant is expected to generate about 200 Million Units of energy and offset approximately 170.43 million Kg of C02 annually. As per captive generation rules, Tata Power will own 74% of the generation while Viraj Profile Pvt. Ltd will own the remaining 26%. The power generated will be used for captive consumption by Viraj Profile's Tarapur Plant.Tata Power Renewable Energy has created a special purpose vehicle TP Nanded Limited, which will undertake the construction, operation and maintenance of this captive solar power plant.